Hangar K is looking for a partnership with artists and designers who make people and companies involved in its network tangible.
‘The network always wins’ Peter Hinssen
In these times of social media, networks are becoming increasingly important. Where they used to be in the form of physical meetings, the internet ensures that they become less tangible. A network has different dimensions, namely trust, expertise, detail knowledge, general insights, technical skills, social skills ... On the one hand there is the network that we know directly and on the other hand there is the more extensive network: the friends of my friends. There are also different contexts: the family, personal friends and the Hangar Krowd.
HANGAR KROWD ENERGIE
It is crucial for the smooth start of the project that the KROWD ENERGIE is attractive and tangible in all elements of communication with those involved. We want to enthuse everyone from the start and show them that there will be a huge potential in Hangar K for the next 8 months. Making them feel the urge to get on the bandwagon.
Engagement Hangar K
- offers a workplace in an innovative co-creation hub with a focus on digital technology
- enters into a partnership with 2 different artists / designers.
- organisation of 2 Hangar K & Friends events as a focus of the artist for the community.
- Hangar Krew supports the projects of the artists / designers.
- in collaboration with Arteconomy, organization of 2 feedback moments with focus group
- in collaboration with Arteconomy organization of a closing symposium with lessons learned and proposals for a sustainable and strategic implementation of the partnership.
- takes the lead in this project.
- coaches the partners involved during the process.
- this project provides the impetus to develop, together with Hangar K, a method for a sustainable strategic implementation of such partnerships, both for artists/designers and companies.
- the artist/designer receives a fee of € 4,000 including travel and accommodation costs through subsidies from the Flemish Community. If a collective is selected, this amount is shared with the entire collective.
- the operating budget is determined in consultation with the artist/designer and Hangar K.
Engagement artist, designer
- the artist/designer works out a Krowd process for 4 months with two Hangar K & Friends events as focus moment.
- the artist/designer is committed to be active on site during the process and to interact with the companies in Hangar K.
- 25 February 2019 : Deadline applications artists/designers
- before 15 March, the composition of the partnership will be made by the Hangar K and Arteconomy team.
- working period:
- period 1: 15 March - 15 July 2019 with 2 Hangar K & friends events
- period 2: 15 July - 15 November 2019 with 2 Hangar K & friends events
- November concluding symposium
Application & more info: https://www.hangark.be/open-call-for-artists-and-designers/
Submit your application before 25 February via the application form.
Hangar K & friends is a recurring community event in Hangar K where the Hangar Krowd meets , new Hangar Krowd members present their projects to each other and there is always a fun and informative peripheral activity organized.
- Hangar K is an inspiring hub for ambitious entrepreneurs in the Kortrijk region. It is a dynamic concept with a clear mission to strengthen innovative entrepreneurship. Hangar K encourages co-creation and cross-fertilization between starters, scalers and established companies. Within Hangar K entrepreneurs support each other, learn from each other and realize their growth ambitions.
- Arteconomy brings together art, economics, science, technology, education and creative industries to dare to do business differently through pioneering collaboration and to create new ideas, new products, new services and a different view of the corporate culture. www.arteconomy.be
This project is realized with grants from the Flemish community